|Tuesday 31st||Steak pie & neaps|
|Wednesday 1st||Coq au vin & veg|
|Thursday 2nd||Lemon & parsnip soup|
|Friday 3rd||Feta stuffed burgers & salad|
|Saturday 4th||Salmon filet & veg|
|Sunday 5th||Slow cooker beef Provencal|
On to the resolutions. I’ve never been very good at them but this year I am hoping that the blog will keep me focussed.
- Health – all the usual ones; lose weight, exercise more, drink less and so reduce blood pressure.
- Living within my means – set a budget, pay off credit card, save.
- Downsizing – dispose of everything there isn’t room for.
I must be mad, they are all things I’m not very good at and they already look daunting now they are written down. So I think I’ll have to break them down into more manageable monthly goals.
The last day of 2012, a quiet but good year for me and my loved ones which is just what we needed after a few difficult years. The only grey cloud is the lack of communication from my brother. It’s his birthday today so I’ve sent him a message. Perhaps this will be the one he answers.
When we were growing up our family’s traditional New Year’s Meal was always Steak Pie and Neeps. This is my version.
500 g shin beef
6 pork chipolatas cut in half
2 Kallo beef stock cubes
1 sheet of ready made puff pastry.
1. Trim the beef and brown in oil in pressure cooker.
2. Add the stock. Bring to boil. Bring pressure cooker up to steaming and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Put puff pastry in hot oven – see instructions on packet.
3. Add the sausages and simmer.
4. Steam swede.
5. Mash with butter and black pepper.