“Just-One-More-Page Syndrome. I’m talking about the books that made you feel like you knew the characters.”
I listed these as they came to me, but could have gone on and on.
Books that transport me.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
- The Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scot Fitzgerald.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
- The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
- The Rivers of London series by Ben Arronovitch.
- His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman.
I love them all for different reasons and enjoy reading them again and again.