CHAPTER 1.4 :
THE BOOKS THAT TRANSPORT
“Just-One-More-Page Syndrome. I’m talking about the books that made you feel like you knew the characters.”
I listed these as they came to me, but could have gone on and on.
Books that transport me.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
- The Far Pavilions by M. M. Kaye.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scot Fitzgerald.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
- The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
- The Rivers of London series by Ben Arronovitch.
- His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman.
I love them all for different reasons and enjoy reading them again and again.
What do you think of the ‘Rivers of London’ books? I’ve been wanting to read them but haven’t done it yet.
I love them! I love the mix of realism and magic, the history and the descriptions of London. I have been waiting for ages for the next book in the series to be published but the date keeps being put back. I’d recommend them😄
Pingback: [ Round Up ] The Great Book of lists chapter 1.4 : Books that transport you | La duchesse d'Erat
Pingback: [ Round Up ] Le Grand Livre des listes chapitre 1.4 : Les livres qui vous transportent | La duchesse d'Erat