I picked up this beautiful piece of dyed cod loin at the weekend, half price. I’m not often in the supermarket at the right time for bargains!
I raided the store cupboards and make a this chowder.
Store Cupboard Chowder
300g dyed cod loin
300g sliced new potatoes
1 sliced onion
1 150g can sweetcorn
200ml milk/evaporated milk
400ml vegetable stock
3 slices of Parma ham
1tsp rapeseed oil
- Sauté the onion in the rapeseed oil.
- Chop the Parma ham and add to the onions.
- Mix in the sliced potato.
- Add stock, milk and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down to low, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place cod loin on top of vegetables.
- Cover again and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for a further 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning.