A firm favourite in the winter when we are out for the day. I love opening the door to the delicious smells of supper already cooked.
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
1. Peal and chop the vegetables and put in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Remove excess fat from the lamb shank and put it on top of the vegetables.
(Some people prefer to brown the lamb – I don’t bother. I never have the time)
3. Add the stock, red wine and seasoning.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
5. Remove the vegetables with a slotted spoon and mash.