I started out to make a Lemony Chicken Bake only to find that all the lemons were gone, so I used up the last of the limes and oranges instead.
8 chicken thighs
500g carrots and parsnips – chopped into approx. 2” pieces
1 large onion, sliced
1 tbsp light olive oil
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. Devon Fire – onion, pepper and orange chutney
2 limes, zest & juice
2 oranges, zest & juice
3 tbsp. vermouth
1 tbsps. tomato ketchup
1 tsps. ginger – I used little packet of pre chopped ginger called One Shot
A handful of whole nuts – I used cashews.
- Brown the chicken thighs in the olive oil.
- Transfer to the ovenproof dish with a slotted spoon.
- Brown the onions.
- Transfer to the ovenproof dish.
- Add the carrots and parsnips to the dish.
- Stir the remaining ingredients together and add to dish.
- Put dish a pre heated 180oC over for about 30 minutes.
- Mix in nuts.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with Lemon Rice.