It’s my Darling Daughter’s birthday today. She has grown up to be a beautiful young lady, I’m very proud of her. Day 4 of the Advent Calendar brings Australian shrimps (off centre, bottom), as part of a barbeque style Christmas lunch. Certainly not the weather for a Barbie here today so instead I’ve gone for a retro prawn and avocado cocktail (I’ve been reading Christmas in Tinsletown.) Another easy recipe that can be adjusted easily for any quantity and doesn’t need any real measuring.
Generous dollop of mayonnaise
Generous squirt of tomato ketchup
Lemon juice to taste
½ an avocado per person
- Mix together the mayonnaise and ketchup – adjust the quantities to get colour you like, less ketchup for a pale pink sauce. I used half and half.
- Add the lemon juice to taste.
- Pat the prawns with kitchen roll to dry off excess moisture.
- Add to sauce and mix together carefully.
- Split the avocado in half and remove stone.
- Coat the avocado flesh with lemon juice.
- Pile the prawns on top.
P.S. Had to smile today when I read that Korean news agencies say they have ‘recently found an ancient unicorn lair!